This is a TMI post people, so if you aren’t interested in my nether regions, for god’s sake, click away.
I love PT.
I feel a hell of a lot better.
I was considering a subtitle to the already-too-long title: “I Should Have Waxed”
Since I’ve been extremely busy doing I’m not sure what, I will give you a run-down of what I’ve learned.
- The right way to do Kegels is easier than the wrong way. It really isn’t that much work. One just needs to know which muscles to flex.
- The way one learns which muscles to flex is by biofeedback, for which they need to stick very sticky wire sensor thingies on to your perineum. And around your, well, the hole that’s not your vagina. Yeah. So I should have waxed. Then I thought about it for a minute. And it is January, people. I’m not waxing until the flowers are up on my classroom wall. So I didn’t wax. Biofeedback is cool because you can visualize when you are doing the right thing. In my session today I called it my vagina’s Wii Fit.
- I’m totally out of shape.
- One needs to sit up straight, lest one put too much pressure on one’s pelvic floor.
- I need to work my transluteal abdominal muscles. Those are the ones going horizontally across the bottom of your belly. When you pull your belly button up and in, as in yoga, you actually lift up the entire pelvic floor, as well. This makes it stronger. So my PT told me to flex my transluteals every time I lift, push, pull and something else I forget. Which is pretty much all day, since I’m always lifting Trucker. It is funny to try belly button up and in while peeing. Try it. See what happens.
- I’m out of shape.
- If you pee “just in case” it makes your body misread cues for urges, so you train yourself to feel the need to go when your bladder is less-full. So don’t do that.
- I think I might actually want to join a gym when my PT is over. I’ve never liked gyms. But I like getting a work-out at PT. And my vagina really likes the bootylicious sweat pants Nelly bought for her.
That’s the run-down. It feels great to be more in touch with my body and I feel a lot better. I’m grateful to you guys for telling me what was wrong. Kiss, kiss, kiss.
In closing, I want to congratulate ohchicken on her insightful realization into her current state of mind.