I didn’t get to say all the quirky things for which I am thankful because by the time it was my turn at the table, well, I was last and everybody was looking at me with a get-it-over-with-quickly kind of glare. So now I’ll get to take my sweet time.
In addition to my family and my health for which I am always thankful, I am thankful for:
- The fact that not only do I have a great partner, but that she can cook. I mean, she can COOK. And she has more common sense than I lack. And she is a perfect match for me in playing games. We never know who is going to win.
- My garage spot
- Good n’ Plenty (and the fact that few other people seem to like them, so I usually get them all to myself)
- Trucker has my eyes
- I get to see my children in pajamas every day
- The folks who go overseas to defend our country or to clean up the messes we make and also their parents. I don’t know how they do it.
- The people who invented padded bras without underwires
- My walk to work
- My crafty and artsy friends, as well as my lawyer-y friends who help keep a healthy balance (and are also a bit crafty and artsy in their free minutes)
- My principals, my colleagues, and my fits-like-the-perfect-pair-of-shoes third grade class
- My beat-up old car
- My daycare. Yes, I complain about them a lot. But they love my kids. And they are wonderful people. We are lucky to have them so close.
- Bananas–the perfect child food
- Amy’s organic frozen foods
- That my mom and my honey’s mom are so present in my sons’ lives
- Mary Janes
- Facebook. There. I said it.
- My midwives. I wish they moonlighted as family doctors.
- Yous guys. For giving me a little extra attention, even when I have nothing real to say.
- Last, I’m thankful that Thanksgiving is over. If you plan to host Thanksgiving, try to work it out to happen NOT when your toddler is teething. Just take my word on that. Enough said.
I hope you all had a happy day with you and yours.
PS Edited to add — I forgot cakewrecks. For giving me at least a little laugh every single day.