Signs that I have morphed from a useless lump back into at least half the woman I used to be:
1. Yesterday I did my son’s laundry.
2. Yesterday I cooked a new and delicious dinner. .. tomato braised beans and polenta. Yum.
3. Yesterday I organized all of our crazy recipes into a binder.
4. Last night I put the little guy down for the night. The night before I actually got up once from my bed to put him back to sleep. Poor A, she’s been doing it all.
4. Today I picked the Cakeman up early from daycare and took him to the playground.
5. Today I painted with my son.
6. Today I drove my whole family on an errand after taking son to playground and painting.
7. Today I made dinner for tonight and tomorrow night.
Reason why the little one is finally human… I mean, she is and has been, especially since the nuchal ultrasound, but humor me:
She kicked! It started kicking on Thursday and has been gracing me with love taps on and off since then.
I will find out the genital status of the little Pele in 18 days. But who’s counting? I still have that boy feeling. But I’d like it to be a girl if only to save me from having to choose another boy’s name. (And, you know, about a zillion other daughter-longing reasons.)