Shiela tagged me for a meme. I’m not much for following rules, so I don’t know if I’ll actually tag 8 people. But I do love writing and playing games. Yay! I’m it! I’m counting to 10, you’d better run away!
Here are the rules:
Let others know who tagged you.
Players start with 8 random facts about themselves
Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts
Players should tag 8 other people and tell them they’ve been tagged.
1. There are two things I’ve always wanted to do before I die. One is to become a mom. I’ve done that though I’d also like to give birth! The other is to publish a book. It used to be that I wanted to publish a book of poetry. Then I wanted to publish a children’s book. Now I’ve gotten to the point where I’ll be happy if I publish a book about sudoku or potty training. Just a book doggonit. Actually, I really want to write a book about lesbian parenting, specifically about being a non-bio mom. I think I’m going to call my publishing friends and get on with it.
2. I’m a drama queen. And I’m hoping against hope that I will one day be the performing arts cluster teacher at my school. That would be my dream job.
3. I have another blog with a few other mom friends. In that one I don’t talk so much about sperm and ovaries and feet in stirrups.
4. I have three moms. That’s right. You lesbian mommies have nothing on me. There’s the woman who gave birth to me, who is probably going to read this post. She’s my favorite mom. There’s my dad’s second wife, who was married to my dad for over ten years. She’s my second-favorite mom even though she’s really more like a friend. And finally, my dad’s present wife. I don’t know her nearly as well as the other two, but she makes my dad happy. That’s good enough for me.
5. I am very competitive. I love playing games. I also apparently get bitter when people beat me at things. Like, I’m sure Harlyn Aizley is a nice person. But I’m mad at her for stealing my thunder. That is, she published a book I’d wanted to pitch just as I was finishing the outline. Anyway, I got Confessions of the Other Mother: Nonbiological Lesbian Moms Tell All for my birthday from my favorite mom. It is a good read. Plus I think there’s room on the bookshelf for more than one book on the topic.
6. I love architechture. I love roaming around New York finding odd and beautiful buildings. I wanted to be an architect as a child, but I didn’t really understand my physics class well enough to pursue it as a career.
7. My first name means “starlike” and I have a birthmark shaped like a star on my left ankle. (Left! Are your left fingers still crossed?)
8. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
Now I have to tag people. I’m sorry if I double up on anyone. Here goes, eggdrop and your lovely partner (I’m counting that as two because I’m a rebel), Holly, artsweet, Vee & Jay (two again! I’m on a roll), a left-handed lesbian because I’m sticking with a theme, and…Co and Lo because they’re always up for a game.